Our people are passionate about ocean health and uniquely driven towards creating a better future. We believe in supporting them with a strong organizational culture committed to providing the best tools, structure, guidance and benefits available.
FishWise is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. We recognize diversity as important to accomplishing our work and view diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, job skills, education, and geographic location.
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides a full range of benefits to support a positive life balance.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Flexible work schedules
- Retirement savings plan, with matching contribution
- Generous annual leave and sick time
- Paid holidays
Date of Issuance: April 29, 2022
Questions Due: May 24, 2022 by 5:00 PM PST
Answers Posted: May 26, 2022
Proposal Submission Deadline: June 7, 2022 by 5:00 PM PST
Period of Performance
June 20, 2022 – September 16, 2022
Location of Work
Remote, but the ability to attend remote meetings during business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) Pacific Standard Time is essential.
Scope of Work
SALT is seeking a consultant or firm with expertise in scaling projects and/or programs, especially scaling electronic systems in supply chains in major commodity-producing countries. The final product will be used to inform the seafood sector, but lessons from different sectors may be included for illustration. The consultant shall leverage their knowledge of scaling electronic systems, supply chain traceability, and research and writing to:
- Conduct a landscape analysis:
- Identify resources, tools, or guides that could be applied, reframed, or adjusted to assist governments with implementation of the Comprehensive Principle, “Build a lasting and scalable program.” Case studies and examples can include programs that have successfully generated and maintained support —politically, financially, and with users—and expanded beyond the pilot phase. Likewise, any case studies that have documented challenges or failures should also be included to learn from past experiences.
- Where documented case studies are limited or to validate findings, the consultant/firm shall conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders who have engaged in pilot projects to gather previously undocumented lessons learned.
- The consultant shall analyze lessons learned from the identified resources, tools, or guides that can inform scaling electronic traceability programs in the seafood sector.
- Develop and complete a novel knowledge product (resource) to be included in the Principles and Pathway:
- Develop a concept for a new resource utilizing findings from the landscape assessment and/or consultant experience. New resource could include a report, guide, presentation, or other novel user-friendly format as agreed upon by SALT and the consultant.
- Compile Scaling resource library (Google Drive) for the SALT team to access and use. Consultant/firm shall highlight specific resources that could be assigned to a specific step within the Pathway.
- Complete the resource that addresses how seafood traceability implementers can build lasting and scalable programs.
- Present findings in a SALT staff meeting.
For more information, and to apply please visit here.
Interested bidders should submit their inquiries and responses by email by the dates listed above. Responses should be directed to Nina Rosen, email@example.com, with a cc to Erin Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports to: FishWise Senior Project Director
The FishWise Communications Manager works collaboratively in a dynamic organization to, support, and execute integrated, strategic and tactical communications across the organization.
The successful candidate will be a superior storyteller. They will be a resourceful and effective content producer who can solve problems quickly and take action to elevate awareness about FishWise’s work, capitalize on opportunities and celebrate successes. The Communications Manager will gather, create and edit content for external audiences through multiple channels and mediums.
They will be a convincing and authentic representative of FishWise, able to connect effectively with staff across the organization and FishWise stakeholders. They must have a deep interest in and a commitment to FishWise’s mission.
- Develop an annual communications plan that spans all platforms (e.g. website, social media, newsletters), working with the Leadership Team and Executive Director to prioritize the most effective efforts and align with FishWise’s strategic goals, brand, and expertise in the sustainable seafood movement.
- Establish and track metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of FishWise’s communications, including audience reach, and make recommendations to increase collaborative, fundraising, and business development opportunities.
- Manage and maintain FishWise’s regular online presence (website and social media), which includes written and visual content and technical troubleshooting.
- Identify timely opportunities and manage periodic communications, develop and layout content across multiple platforms, ensuring consistency in messaging. Includes social media, press releases, blogs, newsletters, annual impact reports.
- Work closely with FishWise teams to support respective communications projects (e.g. presentations, blogs, fundraising collateral, business partner reports); ensure alignment with FishWise brand and strategy.
- Stay abreast of key developments, current issues, and events in seafood sustainability as they relate to FishWise’s work.
- Build, maintain, and develop FishWise’s media relationships.
- Lead organizational rebranding efforts with the incoming Executive Director.
- Through everyday actions, contribute to an organizational culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, high performance, continuous improvement, and innovation.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Superior writing, editing, and verbal communications skills and ability to “translate” technical language into compelling and accessible information.
- Experience in communicating to a diverse set of audiences: government, non-profits, businesses, and the public.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Project management: proven ability to to manage multiple large projects and deadlines, proactively identifying and addressing competing deadlines.
- Experience with social media strategies and execution, brand development, public relations, media, and content development, and proven track record in using technology to identify and effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- 5+ years of related experience in journalism, public relations, or marketing.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a closely related field is preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience is also considered.
- Proficient with Google Suite, WordPress, Microsoft Office, Slack, Zoom, and other relevant communication platforms and software
- Passion for working in a mission-driven organization.
- Graphic design, page layout and photography.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software, like Zoho. ● Video editing skills.
- Previous experience in sustainable seafood or fisheries conservation.
HOURS & REQUIREMENTS
- This is a full-time position. Work hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. (PST or EST, with flexible scheduling options contingent on supervisor’s approval)
- FishWise is headquartered in Santa Cruz, CA. This position has the option to be fully remote.
- United States work authorization is required.
- Evening and weekend work will sometimes be required.
- Occasional business travel and personal transportation are required.
We are interested in working with people who have different types of experience and backgrounds. If you don’t see the opportunity you are looking for, please submit a general application.