Our people are passionate about ocean health and uniquely driven towards creating a better future. We believe in supporting them with a strong organizational culture committed to providing the best tools, structure, guidance and benefits available.
FishWise is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides a full range of benefits to support a positive life balance:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Flexible work schedules
- Retirement savings plan, with matching contribution
- Generous annual leave and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Get outside, stay inspired.
- Dress for your day, be prepared.
- You’re more ready than you think!
- Communicate often and openly, have the hard conversations.
- Our Divisions don’t divide us.
- Be an approachable authority and a kind mentor.
We like people with all kinds of experience. If you don’t see the opportunity you were looking for, submit a general application.
The Intern’s primary responsibility is two-fold: 1) to provide support to existing member retailer partners and 2) provide general office support. The intern will work with existing Project Managers who are the main customer service contact for retail partners with questions or needs after the launch of the FW program. The intern will help them support these partnerships through materials development and shipment, newsletters and website updates. The Intern will conduct work to support major buyer partnerships with database work and species research. The Intern will also conduct general office work such as assisting with technology, cleaning, and purchasing supplies. The Project Managers will provide direction and oversight to the Intern.
- Provide support to the Project Managers to support independent partnerships including: creating promotional sheets in Adobe Illustrator, writing and editing monthly newsletter pieces, materials shipments, etc.
- Correct store audits as needed to help improve seafood label accuracy for retailers.
- Research the sustainability of various seafood products in order to recommend sourcing action for partners.
- Assist with research of and networking for product sourcing.
- Update and enter ratings and certifications in databases for seafood products.
- Summarize scientific reports/seafood news for internal and external communication.
- Conduct analyses of seafood inventory for partners using Filemaker and Excel.
- Write weekly blog for FishWise website.
- Update and develop new promotional materials. Print and collate as needed. Organize digital files and photos.
- Perform various clerical duties including typing, answering phones, ordering software, and general office upkeep.
- Opportunity to develop unique independent project based off personal interests in seafood sustainability.
- Dedication and passion for the stewardship of the oceans
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Basic understanding and desire to learn more about seafood sustainability criteria and relevant stakeholders e.g. supply chain businesses, NGOs, and government agencies
- Excellent Mac-computer skills including Microsoft Office & Adobe Suite
- Strong communication skills and reliability
- Ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience working in a collaborative office or professional environment
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to work with limited oversight
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and independently, such as Filemaker database management, Joomla website maintenance, EndNote, etc
- Self-motivation, flexibility, and a positive “can-do” attitude
- This is a part-time position based in the FishWise office in Santa Cruz, CA
- Office hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- Personal transportation is required
The goal of this RFQ is to identify a travel vendor that can provide excellent customer service for the booking of domestic and international airfare, under the U.S. Government Fly America Act.
Date of Issuance: December 11, 2018 by 5:00 PM EST
Questions Due: December 13, 2018 by 5:00 PM EST
RFQ Submission Deadline: December 17, 2018 by 5:00 PM EST
Interested vendors should submit their inquiries and responses by the dates listed above by email. Responses should be directed to Hannah Francis, firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC to Kate O’Rourke, email@example.com.
Please click here to view the complete RFQ.