Our people are passionate about ocean health and uniquely driven towards creating a better future. We believe in supporting them with a strong organizational culture committed to providing the best tools, structure, guidance and benefits available.
FishWise is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides a full range of benefits to support a positive life balance:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Flexible work schedules
- Retirement savings plan, with matching contribution
- Generous annual leave and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Get outside, stay inspired.
- Dress for your day, be prepared.
- You’re more ready than you think!
- Communicate often and openly, have the hard conversations.
- Our Divisions don’t divide us.
- Be an approachable authority and a kind mentor.
We like people with all kinds of experience. If you don’t see the opportunity you were looking for, submit a general application.
The Intern’s primary responsibility is two-fold: 1) to provide support to existing member retailer partners and 2) provide general office support. The intern will work with existing Project Managers who are the main customer service contact for retail partners with questions or needs after the launch of the FW program. The intern will help them support these partnerships through materials development and shipment, newsletters and website updates. The Intern will conduct work to support major buyer partnerships with database work and species research. The Intern will also conduct general office work such as assisting with technology, cleaning, and purchasing supplies. The Project Managers will provide direction and oversight to the Intern.
- Provide support to the Project Managers to support independent partnerships including: creating promotional sheets in Adobe Illustrator, writing and editing monthly newsletter pieces, materials shipments, etc.
- Correct store audits as needed to help improve seafood label accuracy for retailers.
- Research the sustainability of various seafood products in order to recommend sourcing action for partners.
- Assist with research of and networking for product sourcing.
- Update and enter ratings and certifications in databases for seafood products.
- Summarize scientific reports/seafood news for internal and external communication.
- Conduct analyses of seafood inventory for partners using Filemaker and Excel.
- Write weekly blog for FishWise website.
- Update and develop new promotional materials. Print and collate as needed. Organize digital files and photos.
- Perform various clerical duties including typing, answering phones, ordering software, and general office upkeep.
- Opportunity to develop unique independent project based off personal interests in seafood sustainability.
- Dedication and passion for the stewardship of the oceans
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Basic understanding and desire to learn more about seafood sustainability criteria and relevant stakeholders e.g. supply chain businesses, NGOs, and government agencies
- Excellent Mac-computer skills including Microsoft Office & Adobe Suite
- Strong communication skills and reliability
- Ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience working in a collaborative office or professional environment
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to work with limited oversight
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and independently, such as Filemaker database management, Joomla website maintenance, EndNote, etc
- Self-motivation, flexibility, and a positive “can-do” attitude
- This is a part-time position based in the FishWise office in Santa Cruz, CA
- Office hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- Personal transportation is required
Seafood Alliance for Legality & Traceability (SALT)
Call for Expression of Interest – Programmer
The goal of this Expression of Interest (EOI) is to identify a programmer that can provide support to customized Zoho Applications and integrate Zoho data on a webpage utilizing Zoho API on an ad hoc hourly basis. Consultants or firms are invited to participate.
Date of Issuance: January 15, 2019
Questions Due: January 17, 2019 by 5:00 PM PST
EOI Submission Deadline: January 22, 2019 by 5:00 PM PST
Interested vendors should submit their inquiries and responses by the dates listed above by email. Responses should be directed to Dan Baron, firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC to Kate O’Rourke, email@example.com.
CONTRACT MECHANISM & TERMS OF PAYMENT
A not-to-exceed deliverables based purchase order (vendor) or service agreement (consultant) will be awarded.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
On/or about January 23 – September 27, 2019
LOCATION OF WORK