FishWise is looking for a balance between individuals with seafood industry experience and those who bring specialties from other arenas as well. We are prioritizing expertise in one or more of the following topic areas through current or previous work:
- Labor/Human Rights Practices Expertise: Social responsibility in seafood or beyond; Field-based work and/or connection to workers, worker unions, etc.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Nonprofit Governance
- Aquaculture and/or farmed seafood
- Business Operations including: Accounting & Finance; Law; Media/Public Relations
- Business/Corporate/Grant Development
Overall, FishWise will benefit from:
- Global perspective, ideally through lived experience
- Racial, ethnic, gender and age diversity
- Connection to strong global networks in sustainability
- Previous non-profit board experience
FISHWISE BOARD TERMS AND REQUIREMENTS
- The Board is open to established and emerging leaders and operates according to the Board Terms of Reference.
- The Board service term is 3 years, ending in December 2027.
- Board members are expected to attend all Board meetings. The full Board meets quarterly via teleconference for 120 minutes and hosts subcommittee or project-specific calls as needed during the other months.
- Board members may be located anywhere in the world but must be willing to join calls outside standard working hours, when required.
- Meetings will be hosted in English and we encourage the participation of non-native speakers.
- This is a volunteer position without compensation.
HOW TO APPLY
You may nominate yourself or a colleague for the position by completing this form. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of January 21. The Board will elect new members on February 17 at their meeting. If you have questions, please contact Board Chair, Richard Stavis at firstname.lastname@example.org.